Job reference 115360
Travelling Site Supervisor for Installation and Commissioning
Del denne side på
Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve industries, energy, and gas companies with leading hydrogen technology. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
About the position
As an Installation and Commissioning Site Supervisor in the Nel Hydrogen – Project Execution department, you will be responsible for installation and commissioning of new Hydrogen Re-fueling stations (Both the technical installation as well as the related groundwork). When installation of products or special projects is done, you will be together with the onsite crew where you will manage their work. The onsite crew can be both Nel resources as well as hired contractors. Your focus is to ensure that installation and commissioning of the equipment meets NEL safety, time, quality, and cost targets/requirements. From time to time you will also be the one doing training and qualifying new technicians and subcontractors, on site. You will report directly to the Team Lead for installation & commissioning and your primary place of work is in the field but in between projects your workplace will be in the office at our facility in Herning. About 175 to 200 travelling days per year must be expected. Main areas for instal-lations and commissioning are Europe, the US and Asia.
- Ensuring safety during installation and commissioning
- Detailed planning of installations and commissioning activities based on the general project plans from Project Management
- Develop and maintain installation and commissioning documentation in collaboration with Project Engineers and Documentation Specialists
- Supervise first installations and commissioning of existing new products or in new markets
- Manage and train Commissioning Technicians to conduct standard installation and commissioning on their own
- Support commissioning troubleshooting on known products
- Participate and support onsite approvals with local authorities and 3rd party inspectors
- Support Project Management during the Site Acceptance Test with the customer
- Managing tool and material preparation of installation and commissioning activities in adjustment with Logistics and Service Support
- Management of sub-contractors on site, who are hired in by Project Management
- Contribute to the training of/instructing station operators (Our Nel Trainer will do the actual training)
- Feedback to Product Development to improve product and process quality
- Working alongside other subcontractors including customer representatives onsite, especially regarding safety topics
- Management of time related to the project while driving quality in installation.
Required skills and abilities
You possess a relevant educational background with technical experience maybe from the Wind or Oil & Gas industry. You have a wide technical experience from your educational background combined with a practical experience you have from your on-site work. You have a strong technical- and business-orientated mindset, are curious, and can quickly understand complex technical systems to find technical and commercially sound solutions. You are structured and innovative, giving you the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. You excel at working independently and in teams. You’re good in communication with other technical staff.
- Relevant education as marine engineer, mechanical engineer or similar
- Relevant technical training as an engineer or in an engineering discipline
- General understanding of work safety procedures and experience in risk evaluation
- General understanding of enterprise resource planning and document management systems
- Experienced within installation and commissioning of complex technical equipment.
- Understanding of customer requirements and skilled in customer communication
- “Hands-on” mentality
- Experienced in working in or with international organizations
- Experience working within established procedures, codes and standards
- Communicate fluently in both written and spoken English
- Open-minded to new IT solutions, e.g., augmented reality
Preferred skills and abilities
- Experience training/Instructing people in new procedures and instructions
- Fluent or elementary proficiency in a second language like German would be good
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please contact Nikolaj Holm, Staffing Consultant on mail: Nikolaj.email@example.com or phone 38 38 11 48.